"Ooo Ooo, what's the gossip?!" That seems to be the hum in the halls down here at the Image Factory. Hey, I think it's inextricably related to what we do. For the more successful publicists among us, it's in our blood.
That said, by popular demand, we are thinking of bring you "Strumpette Shorts," a regular column featuring a few tidbits that have been buzzin' around the coffee klatch.
Here's a few meant to prime the pump:
- Magnet Communications is shutting down their Hispanic Practice based out-of Corona, CA. Rumor has it, that they were not able to bring in the business to maintain the practice.
- Word is Text 100's CEO Aedhmar Hynes didn't write her last blog article. That's a BIG "no no" among the true blog evangelists; something she claims to be. We had two samples examined, one from 5/3/07, the other an earlier piece from 11/26/06. One expert states, "They don’t appear to be written by the same person but offer an interesting bookend." According to one of our editors: "The writer of the second piece is both a weak writer and something of a dullard. The writer of the first piece strikes me as somewhat more thoughtful and attuned to irony." Hmmmmmm... Aedhmar... care to comment?
- Ah... here's one we like... a lot! Ragan Communications is getting in bed with the Strumpette. I hope they're good and that it's not over in three minutes. Stay tuned, announcement soon.
- Then there's 5W PR. Oh boy. We hear Torossian may be having staffing issues. In the words of a reader: "Upper management lies to its employees, promising promotions while strategizing how to give the boot. Wonder how much faster the staff would be hemorrhaging out of that office once they knew."
- Hey, here's good news: Rubel is apparently working! Well, we think he's been given more account responsibilities. He's now barely blogging and seldom twittering. It certainly speaks to the state of the PR blogosphere if club members are now being forced to actually work for a living.
- Lastly, speaking of Edelman, not a word from Richard since we beat him in the Power 150! I'd be fuming for sure. All that money and he gets beat by a strumpette. :)
So whatdaya think? Do you want more Strumpette Shorts? Let me know.
And if you've got a lead or a hot juicy tip, do pass it along. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are totally discreet. Anonymity is respected and confidentiality is totally at your discretion.
On Thursday, March 8, 2007 at 7:41 AM, Ronn Torossian, President and CEO of 5WPR, emphatically promised that he was going to sue us. No real reason, he was just irritated by our teasing him about getting in bed with pornographer Joe Francis. Anyway, Ronn gave his obscenity-laced word that we'd see the complaint in 72 hours. It's now late by
Kathleen Durazo about A Measly $2.8 Million Goes Missing, Lawsuit Results Fri, Jul 31, 10:58:34 AM Ray Durazo (the founder) sold the company to Dan in 1999. He was not involved in any of this. He (and I) found out about the lawsuit in the LA Times. In addition to embezzling this m [...]