"Ooo Ooo, what's the gossip?!" That seems to be the hum in the halls down here at the Image Factory. Hey, I think it's inextricably related to what we do. For the more successful publicists among us, it's in our blood.
That said, by popular demand, we are thinking of bring you "Strumpette Shorts," a regular column featuring a few tidbits that have been buzzin' around the coffee klatch.
Here's a few meant to prime the pump:
- Magnet Communications is shutting down their Hispanic Practice based out-of Corona, CA. Rumor has it, that they were not able to bring in the business to maintain the practice.
- Word is Text 100's CEO Aedhmar Hynes didn't write her last blog article. That's a BIG "no no" among the true blog evangelists; something she claims to be. We had two samples examined, one from 5/3/07, the other an earlier piece from 11/26/06. One expert states, "They don’t appear to be written by the same person but offer an interesting bookend." According to one of our editors: "The writer of the second piece is both a weak writer and something of a dullard. The writer of the first piece strikes me as somewhat more thoughtful and attuned to irony." Hmmmmmm... Aedhmar... care to comment?
- Ah... here's one we like... a lot! Ragan Communications is getting in bed with the Strumpette. I hope they're good and that it's not over in three minutes. Stay tuned, announcement soon.
- Then there's 5W PR. Oh boy. We hear Torossian may be having staffing issues. In the words of a reader: "Upper management lies to its employees, promising promotions while strategizing how to give the boot. Wonder how much faster the staff would be hemorrhaging out of that office once they knew."
- Hey, here's good news: Rubel is apparently working! Well, we think he's been given more account responsibilities. He's now barely blogging and seldom twittering. It certainly speaks to the state of the PR blogosphere if club members are now being forced to actually work for a living.
- Lastly, speaking of Edelman, not a word from Richard since we beat him in the Power 150! I'd be fuming for sure. All that money and he gets beat by a strumpette. :)
So whatdaya think? Do you want more Strumpette Shorts? Let me know.
And if you've got a lead or a hot juicy tip, do pass it along. Send them to email@example.com. We are totally discreet. Anonymity is respected and confidentiality is totally at your discretion.
Certainly, one of the biggest shocks in months to reverberate throughout newsrooms across the country happened this last Friday with the conviction of Paris Hilton. Unexpectedly, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Sauer rejected the 26-year-old socialite's defense. Visibly shocked and tearful after the sentence was read, Hilton said: "I feel that I was treated unfairly and that the sentence is both cruel and unwarranted. I don't deserve this."
Well unbelievably, Ms. Hilton's fate now appears to be in the hands of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
With that in mind, the PR Industry has pulled out all the stops and started a huge letter campaign. Why? Well, regrettably this is another black eye for PR as the industry shoulders much, if not all, of the blame. If it weren't for the counsel of Ms. Hilton's publicist Elliot Mintz, none of this would have happened.
Open Letter to Governor Schwarzenegger to Save Paris Hilton
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
State Capitol Building
Sacramento, California 95814
Dear Governor Schwarzenegger:
We the undersigned are writing to you with regards to Ms. Paris Hilton. As we understand it; you are her only hope. At this point, only you can spare her from the death penalty.
... and for just cause. Since her conviction, certain facts have emerged that show definitively that a travesty of justice has taken place. As is only now coming to light, Ms. Hilton's publicist Elliot Mintz had told her that it was okay to drive while on probation. Regrettably, Superior Court Judge Michael Sauer rejected that excuse in determining the verdict.
Governor, you should know that like you, we are in favor of the death penalty in the most reprehensible cases. Also, our politics are similarly conservative. However, we believe that if ever there was a case that demanded clemency and mercy, it would be the case of Ms. Hilton. Regardless of her guilt, Ms. Hilton has spent some 26 years not only trying to rehabilitate herself but also to influence others. Ms. Hilton has saved many thousands of our youth from tedious self reflection and the dangers of deep contemplation. How many lives has she thus inspired?
Lastly, what message would you be sending to the people you represent should you execute Ms. Hilton... and what message would you send should you spare her life?
Thank you for your consideration.
Amanda Chapel, Mary Beth Quinn, Norah Valenzuela, Bess Grahm, Kelly Coffey, Laura Nyland, Shannon Kindler, Kailey Astor, Ethan Stein, Brian Connolly, Marcy Levy, Lissa Jacoby, Nicole Hill, Antonio Guzman, Melissa Oslund, Jessica McManan, Julie Greenwald, Jessica Freud, Paula Bennett, Amy Irvine, Tracey Kelly, Donna Evans, Mindy Forster, Elisa Smyth-Nader, Alan Hopkins, Gretchen Li, Naomi Richman, and Annie Burkhart.
How to Get involved
Please... we urge all our readers to add your name here, comment and show your support. Make a difference. Help save Paris Hilton.
On Thursday, March 8, 2007 at 7:41 AM, Ronn Torossian, President and CEO of 5WPR, emphatically promised that he was going to sue us. No real reason, he was just irritated by our teasing him about getting in bed with pornographer Joe Francis. Anyway, Ronn gave his obscenity-laced word that we'd see the complaint in 72 hours. It's now late by
Kathleen Durazo about A Measly $2.8 Million Goes Missing, Lawsuit Results Fri, Jul 31, 10:58:34 AM Ray Durazo (the founder) sold the company to Dan in 1999. He was not involved in any of this. He (and I) found out about the lawsuit in the LA Times. In addition to embezzling this m [...]